VALID ID AT THE POLLS
A voter can use any of the following forms of photo ID:
- Valid Driver's License
- Valid Non-driver ID
- Valid Alabama Photo Voter ID
- Valid State Issued ID (Alabama or any other state)
- Valid Federal Issued ID
- Valid US Passport
- Valid Employee ID from Federal Government, State of Alabama, County Government, Municipality, Board, Authority, or other entity of this state
- Valid student or employee ID from a college or university in the State of Alabama (including postgraduate technical or professional schools)
- Valid Military ID
- Valid Tribal ID
- Valid AL Movement/Booking Sheet from Prison/Jail System (Photo Required)
- Valid AL Department of Corrections Release -Temporary ID (Photo Required)
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ENTER YOUR POLLING PLACE
- The precinct inspector will check your identification & review the voting list to confirm you are authorized to vote.
- You will sign the electronic poll book and then receive a ballot to complete.
- If you are listed as an "inactive" voter YOU ARE STILL ALLOWED TO VOTE USING THE REGULAR PROCESS ONCE YOU COMPLETE AN ADDRESS UPDATE FORM
- If your name is NOT on the list of qualified voters for that polling location, you will be offered a provisional ballot. YOU NEED TO CONFIRM WHAT STEPS YOU NEED TO TAKE FOR YOUR PROVISIONAL BALLOT TO BE COUNTED!
- If you make a mistake on your ballot, request a new one from the precinct inspector.
ELECTION DAY PROBLEMS?
Report an election problem by calling:
- 1-866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683)
- 1-888-VE-Y-VOTA (en Español)
- 1-888-API-VOTE (Asian multilingual assistance)
- 1-844-YALLA-US (Arabic)