California Common Cause has published it's Municipal Democracy Index, a survey of the governance, election, and campaign practices of ALL 482 cities in California with info like:
· What form of government do most cities use;
· Which offices are elected;
· What voting system do cities use, including the number of cities using at-large, by-district, and from-district elections; and
· Which cities have campaign contribution limits and which cities post campaign disclosures online.
- Read the summary of key findings
- Full report