"A well informed citizenry is the best defense against tyranny."
~ Thomas Jefferson
Information Sources for the
General Election: November 6, 2018
Live Forums and Proposition Pro/Cons
Check out these pages on our site for more information, including links to online videos:
Voter's Edge Website
- Access your personalized ballot for only your districts, just enter your address on the first page,
- Get in-depth information on candidates,state-wide propositions, and local measures including who supports them.
- View candidate info; including biographies, top priorities, answers to questions, photos, policy videos, endorsements, and detailed information about who funds their campaigns.
- Get unbiased explanations of propositions and local measures, including who supports, opposes, and funds them
- Check where, when, and how to vote, including information on your local polling location
Quick & Easy Voter Guide
- basic job descriptions for the California state and federal offices in this election
- condensed descriptions and pro/con on the 11 statewide propositions
- other information about voting in California
Voter Information Guide
The Official Voter Information Guide (VIG) for the November 2018 General Election, published by the California Secretary of State, is now available:
- As a PDF for download
- As a Mobile VIG: If you are a Santa Clara County resident you can access the guide, and even more election information, on your cell phone using the free SCCVOTE Mobile App, available in the Apple App store and at Google Play.
- On paper: This year's Voter Guide, automatically mailed to every registered voter, is almost 100 pages long!
- You can help make Santa Clara county green by opting out of receiving the paper copy.
Go to the County Voter Information Guide Delivery Options page and change your option.
Other Online Election Resources
About the June 2018 Election: