The principles that guide us ...
We envision a democracy where every person has the desire, the right, the knowledge and the confidence to participate.
The goal of the League of Women Voters is to empower citizens to shape better communities worldwide.
To do this, the League of Women Voters acts as a nonprofit, nonpartisan political membership organization that:
- Builds citizen participation in the democratic process
- Studies key community issues, at all governmental levels, in an unbiased manner
- Acts, after study and membership consensus, to achieve solutions in the public interest on key community issues at all levels of government
- Enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education
- Engages communities in promoting positive solutions to public policy issues through education, conflict management, and advocacy.
We Believe In:
- Respect for individuals
- The value of diversity
- The empowerment of the grassroots, both within the League and in our communities
We intend to:
- Act with trust, integrity and professionalism
- Operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both members and the public
- Take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership
- Acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future