Our local groundwater basin is critically overdrafted.
Groundwater planning is important to:
- the quality of our drinking water;
- adequate local water supplies;
- local property values;
- the agricultural economy;
- rural disadvantaged communities;
- and the health of local ecosystems.
State-mandated Groundwater Sustainability Plans are currently being drafted, and there will be a public participation and comment period starting this summer before a coordinated plan for our area is submitted to the State by January 31, 2020.