Annual Fundraising Appeal
Biff! Pow! Zowie! Did I see League of Women Voters super-heroes? It may be cliché, but that’s exactly how I feel about our members and supporters who volunteer in service to our communities. The League of Women Voters of Glendale/Burbank can be proud of the incredible work its members have accomplished in 2018
- Candidate forums for House of Representatives 28th and 30th District.
- Pros and Cons presentations in person and on-line, covering statewide and local ballot initiatives.
- Voter registration and outreach.
- Education of voters on issues of importance, including Voter’s Choice Act and new voting processes, community college district challenges, local elections alignment with state-wide elections and more!
- New website launched using My League Online platform that harnesses current technology tools for easy content sharing, syndication, accessibility, and mobile viewing essential to increase engagement with our members and the community.
All of this work is being done by hard-working volunteers, but we also need financial resources to help with those items that our volunteers cannot handle – such as technology services that provide needed support for our newsletter, our website and other communications.
Your donation is needed today to ensure that we can continue the important work of the League of Women Voters in our local community. Please join us in this effort which is so important to our present and future democracy. Your contribution can be made by using this link to our website at https://my.lwv.org/california/glendaleburbank/donate-league
As I reflect on this past year, I know that the work of your local League of Women Voters has never been more important—and I am so thankful to be a member with these women and men working hard to defend democracy for all. Please show your support by making a donation! Any amount will be appreciated!
Mary LePique Dickson, President