The principles that guide us ...
We envision a democracy where every person has the desire, the right, the knowledge and the confidence to participate.
To do this, the League of Women Voters acts as a nonprofit, nonpartisan political membership organization that:
- Builds citizen participation in the democratic process
- Studies key community issues, at all governmental levels, in an unbiased manner
- Acts, after study and membership consensus, to achieve solutions in the public interest on key community issues at all levels of government
- Enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and .
- Engages communities in promoting positive solutions to public policy issues through education, conflict management, and advocacy.
We believe in
- Respect for individuals
- The value of diversity
- The empowerment of the grassroots, both within the League and in our communities
We intend to:
- Act with trust, integrity and professionalism
- Operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both members and the public
- Take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership
- Acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future.