1. Support of measures that will reduce all barriers to the employment or promotion of a person except those based on merit.
- There should be a limit to years following discharge during which military credit would be granted.
- The examination process should be open to all qualified candidates.
- Seniority points should be related not only to the length but to the quality of service, as indicated in performance evaluation records.
- Efforts to blanket into Civil Service any blocs of previously exempt municipal employees should be opposed.
2. Support of measures that will improve productivity of municipal employees.
- Probation periods should be longer.
- Appeals procedure should be streamlined.
- Dismissal of non-productive employees should be made easier.
- Effectiveness of performance evaluations should be improved.
- In-service training programs should be conducted for personnel at all levels of government.
3. The Civil Service Commission should retain its appeals function.
2004-2005 Positions (1977)