League of Women Voters Observers attend the proceedings of governmental bodies at the local, state and national levels.
Our trained observers assess whether the committees in our North County San Diego communities operate efficiently, are transparent in their decision making and open for public comment. These volunteers aren't just the "eyes and ears" of the League, but are a presence for all citizens interested in good public policy and good government.
No other organization has the equivalent of the League's Observer Corps. Observers are instructed to remain neutral, not react and not in any manner influence ongoing events. They then write up reports with their observations for our League based on their training.
The League of Women Voters North Coast San Diego County Observers attend the meetings of these municipal and regional agencies:
- Carlsbad City Library Board of Trustees
- Carlsbad Planning Commission
- Oceanside City Library Board of Trustees
- Buena Vista Lagoon Joint Powers Committee
- Mira Costa Community College Board of Trustees
- North County Transit District Board
- Palomar Airport Advisory Committee
- Tri-City HealthCare District Board
- 22nd District Agricultural Association - Del Mar Fairgrounds
- San Dieguito Union High School District Board
- Mira Costa College Board of Trustees