How do I get non-partisan information on the ballot issues and candidates that I can trust?
Voter's Edge California is Your Go-To Online Voter Guide
Get the facts before you vote. Each election cycle, check Voter's Edge for information to help you make informed choices.
About Voter’s Edge California
Voter’s Edge California (VEC) is a joint project of MapLight and the League of Women Voters of California Education Fund (LWVCEF).* Voter’s Edge California is a comprehensive, nonpartisan online guide to elections covering federal, state, and local races in the state of California.
With Voter’s Edge California, voters can:
- Access their full, personalized ballot by entering their address.
- Get in-depth information on candidates, measures, and who supports them.
- View candidate biographies, top priorities, answers to questions, photos, policy videos, endorsements, and detailed information about who funds their campaigns.
- Browse unbiased explanations of ballot measures; find out who supports, opposes, and funds them.
- Check where, when, and how to vote, including information on their local polling locations.
- Keep track of their choices to make voting easier.
- Share information about the election with friends and family.
*The LWVCEF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational organization and never advocates. The League of Women Voters of California does operate a separate nonprofit 501(c)(4) organization that advocates on issues and sometimes makes recommendations on ballot measures.
The League of Women Voters does not support or oppose any political party or any candidate for public office.
More voting information:
Use these links to get more informed for this election and anytime you want to learn about our government
Ballot Information Sites
- Legislative Analyst's Office (for proposition analysis and other reports)
- California Secretary of State
- Congressional Record information
- Federal Elections Commission
- San Diego County Bar Association
Archives of past elections are still available with election results on Smart Voter
About the League of Women Voters
For over 90 years, the League of Women Voters has encouraged informed and active participation of all citizens in government.
Our mission is:
- To promote voter registration and provide unbiased information to voters through League publications, and sponsorship of candidates and issues forums.
- To speak out on local, state, and national issues, based on League positions arrived at after member study.