We follow the Oakland Unified School District, making sure they attend to the needs of all students, encouraging their success and focusing on balancing the budget. Specific projects include:
- Production of report, The Challenge: Equal Opportunity of Education for Latino Students, detailing issues OUSD needs to address
- Monitoring of the OUSD budget deficit Oversight of the Oakland bond measures J, N, and G1
- Following OUSD's developments for Early Childhood Education
- Conducting mock elections for Oakland's three Boys and Girls Clubs in October 2016, holding civics lessons with real voting booths
- Working with a reporter who is developing an online database of OUSD Board decisions/actions
This committee usually meets the third Monday of the month at 10am.
|Yolanda Schonbrun, Chair|