Stay tuned for the reinvention of our Annual All-City Luncheon!
The LWVO All-City Luncheon celebrates the 100th birthday of the League of Women Voters of the US and brings together Oakland's leaders in business, education, labor, government, and all those actively engaged in support of our city and the League's activities. LWVO’s main fundraiser, the Luncheon makes it possible for us to produce our Oakland Easy Voter Guide in 3 languages, as well as other voter education materials, forums and presentations. Individual tickets sales will start in March.
What can you do now?
- Save the date on your calendar!
- Pledge to be a table host! If you sign up by March 3 as a luncheon table host, your name will be on our invitations, which will be mailed to hundreds of the East Bay's most influential companies, organizations, and individuals.
- Watch our inspiring video from our 2018 Luncheon (produced by OWH Studios) on our YouTube channel.
- Volunteer to help at our Luncheon! Read more here.
- Nominate someone who makes Oakland great for our Making Democracy Work Award here!
Each year, the League of Women Voters of Oakland (LWVO) presents Making Democracy Work Awards to exceptional individuals and/or organizations who are working to improve Oakland and have mobilized others to effect sustainable, positive change that has benefited the broader community. These awards honor and showcase individuals and/or organizations that have, in the League tradition, helped to make Oakland a stronger, more vibrant and equitable city. Nominations are open to any Oakland resident or Oakland-based organization.
The primary criteria for selection are:
* the nominee is contributing or has significantly contributed to improving the quality of life for Oakland residents
* the nominee has mobilized community members to get involved in those improvement efforts.
Nominees may nominate themselves or may be nominated by others. Nominations are reviewed by a panel convened by LWVO. Awards are presented at the League's annual All-City Luncheon held on May 8th, 2020.