Speaker: Nicole Capretz, Founder and Director of the Climate Action Campaign
Topic: Climate Action Plans & Community Choice Energy In San Diego And Orange Counties
Nicole Capretz is an environmental attorney with 20 years of experience as an energy, equity, and climate policy advisor for local governments and the nonprofit sector. Nicole was the primary author of the City of San Diego’s groundbreaking, legally binding 100% clean energy Climate Action Plan adopted in late 2015. Nicole has since played a pivotal role in helping other cities in the region adopt similar 100% clean energy climate plans and is a prominent advocate for Community Choice Energy in Southern California.
Nicole’s pioneering work on climate policy has earned her numerous accolades:
- “Special Recognition Award for Climate Advocacy” by Citizens Coordinate for Century 3 (2018)
- Sullivan Solar Power - Solar Advocate of the Year (2017)
- New York Times Top 10 Californians of the Year (2016)
- “Voice of the Year” - Voice of San Diego (2016)
- “Voice of the Year” - Voice of San Diego (2015)
- “Best People of San Diego” - San Diego CityBeat (2016)
- “Bike Advocate of the Year” - San Diego County Bike Coalition (2016)
- “Leadership Award” - San Diego County Democratic Party (2016)
- Finalist for San Diego Magazine’s 2016 San Diego Woman of the Year (2016)
- Finalist for San Diego Business Journal’s 2016 “Women Who Mean Business” Awards (2016)
- Newsmaker of the Year - East County Magazine (2015)
- Sierra Club San Diego “FEAT Award” (2015)
Cost: $20 for lunch and speaker, $5 for speaker only.
Reserve, or call to cancel, by Sunday, October 13, 5:00 P.M.
A special request from the LWVOC Housing & Homelessness Task force:
Due to the urgent need, we will be collecting disposable diapers and baby wipes for the Orange County Rescue Mission. Please bring your donation to this October Lunch with League.
Thank you for any help you can offer.