Criminal Justice Committee Meetings (Archive)
LWVSC Criminal Justice Committee
Tue, May 5, 2020 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM (PDT)
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
(For supported devices, tap a one-touch number below to join instantly.)
United States: +1 (571) 317-3112
- One-touch: tel:+15713173112,,664675005#
Access Code: 664-675-005
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/664675005
- Sacramento Police Department Use of Force Policy and AB 392 Compliance (Norma to secure a copy of Sacramento Police Department December 2019 presentation making the comparison or ask the Police Department staff person to make the presentation to us at the next meeting);
- Strategies to Empower the SCPRC (Example: Schedule future invite to new Director of OPSA as guest speaker); and
- Sheriff Accountability (Brenda to find out Sac County BOS powers over the Sheriff through the budget)
- The police department did not have a mapping of AB 392 Compliance. Therefore, I started a confidential draft to organize our discussion and include your comments.
- I have a powerpoint presentation that I developed to start the meeting. I will provide feedback from the Sacramento Police Department based upon the e-mail included in this meeting’s prior notice.
Important CJ Committee Documents
- GO - 52507 Body Worn Cameras
- GO - 80002 Use of Force
- Discussion on Use of Force
- LWVC Trainings
- Sacramento Police Review Commission Presentation
- AB 392 Checklist
- Public Record Act - requests
- Foot Pursuits
- Use of Force Work Group Recommendations
- Director of Public Safety Accountability
- Community Forum (draft 3/22/2020)
- LWVSC Letter
- AB 2200