The League of Women Voters of Sacramento County supports measures that promote integrated water resource planning and management with an emphasis on conservation and a balance between surface and groundwater usage. The League of Women Voters of Sacramento County supports:
- the Memorandum of Understanding on urban water conservation issued by the State Water Conservation Coalition.
- consolidation and coordination of water agencies and planning including date collection and monitoring.
- greater reliance on conjunctive use and conservation measures by both agricultural and urban users to reduce water needs.
- The League of Women Voters of Sacramento County believes the following criteria must be met before any additional diversions are considered on the American River:
- To protect fish, wildlife and plant species, minimum flow levels at least equal to those established in the 1989 EBMUD* decision must be met before additional water is diverted.
- Minimum flow levels must be adequate to maintain the American River Parkway greenbelt.