The virtual convention of the League of Women Voters was held on June 25-27. At this meeting, several items were accepted for the 2020-2022 program. The following are the positions the League will support during the next two years.
Not-recommended program item:
- Abolition of the electoral college by Constitutional amendment
- Transfer of federal public land
- Voter representation and electoral systems at each level of government that encourage participation, are verifiable, and enhance representation for all voters
- Retain all current LWVUS positions in the areas of representative government, international relations, natural resources and social policy
- Adopt the proposed Campaign for Making Democracy Work®: ensuring a free, fair and accessible electoral system for all eligible
- Reaffirm our commitment to immigration reform, for efficient, expeditious immigrant entry into the United States
- Advocate against systemic racism in the justice system and advocate for preventing excessive force and brutality by law enforcement
- Promote immediate, wide-scale, mobilization by the United States, to restore, protect and fund an ecologically sustainable environment and climate
To learn more, click here.