Join the League in developing our program for the upcoming year. We’ll discuss League processes and priorities and 2nd VP Deb Humphreys will use the “café format” for small group discussions. Several important things will happen.
- We’ll review our current local positions and determine if we want to make any changes or undertake any new studies.
- We’ll decide on the areas and issues we want to focus our resources on in 2019 – 2020, both local issues and issues from State and National such as campaign finance reform and healthcare.
- We’ll consider a proposal from a statewide LWVC task force that we support their effort to have a new position on Criminal Justice adopted by LWVC by concurrence.
- We’ll consider a proposal from LWV Sacramento that we support their effort to have their position on Voter Representative/Election Process adopted by LWVC by concurrence.
(See Meetings 2018 - 2019\Program Planning 1-26-19\Summary of Concurrence Proposals.docx for a summary of the proposals.)
- We’ll decide the next steps we might take on the effort to abolish the Electoral College. For more information on this issue see the attached document from the LWV Illinois Electoral College Committee.
- We’ll have coffee, pastries and snacks to enjoy, good company & lively discussion.