Candidate and Ballot Measure Forums
The League provides several opportunities to hear the candidates and to learn about the ballot measures. To see a schedule of forums, please see our Calendar.
You can view the following past forums on YouTube or by clicking on the following links:
- Rohnert Park City Council Candidates
- Santa Rosa City Council Candidates
- Presentation on how Prop. 6 will affect Transportation in Sonoma County
- Pros and Cons of the Ballot Measures
- PowerPoint to Accompany Pros and Cons
Key Dates for the November 6, 2018 Election
- October 8 - Voting by mail opens
- October 22 - Last date to register to vote
- October 30 - Last date to request a "vote by mail" ballot
- November 6 - Election Day
- November 9 - Last day to receive a vote by mail ballot post-marked no later than Nov. 6
- December 6 - Deadline to certify election results
Register to Vote
Every Vote Counts (PDF)
Some people feel their vote doesn't matter. Follow the link above to learn about times when a single vote changed history.
In general, you may register to vote at any time, but you must be registered on or before 15 days prior to the election. If you mail your completed registration form to the registrar, a postmark on the 15th day prior to the election is acceptable.
To find out if you are registered to vote in Sonoma County, California, go to the Registrar of Voters' website.
To Register to vote online go to the California Secretary of State's site.
Voter Information for Those Displaced by The Fire
The following site provides extensive information on how to register and vote for those displaced by the October 2017 fire. Please share with anyone you know who may need this.
Voter's Edge California: Key in your address and zip code to view a personalized ballot in English and Spanish with nonpartisan information including endorsements, funding sources, editorials, news articles, biographies and more.
You can download and print our Easy Voter Guide in English, Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese or Korean.
Visit lwvc.org for LWVC Recommendations on Ballot Measures.