Sponsored jointly by the Los Angeles County Sanitation Districts (LACSD) and the Department of Public Works. The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Program gives Los Angeles County residents a legal and cost free way to dispose of unwanted household chemicals that cannot be disposed of in the regular trash.
LACSD's HHW events have resumed with new COVID-19 safety precautions. LACSD asks that all attendees wear a face covering and remain in their vehicles with windows closed, if possible. Please stay home if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, have been asked to quarantine, or have recently traveled internationally.
Event staff will only remove household hazardous and electronic waste from your trunk/pick-up bed. To dispose of sharps, you will be required to exit your vehicle and dispose of them in the designated area.
Protecting public health and the environment remains their highest priority and they look forward to resuming this beneficial program in a way that is safe for everyone. For more information, please contact (800) 238-0173 or info [at] lacsd.org ().
What You CAN Bring...
- Motor oil, oil filters, brake fluid
- Used antifreeze
- Paint, paint thinner, turpentine
- Cleaners with acid or lye
- Pesticides or herbicides
- Household batteries or car batteries
- Pool chemicals
- CRTs, TVs, miscellaneous electronics
- Mercury thermometers or thermostats
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Used needles or sharps (in a sharps container or a sturdy box labeled "sharps") (more information)
- Unwanted or expired prescriptions (more information)
What You CAN'T Bring...
- Radioactive materials
- Business waste
- White goods (stoves, refrigerators, etc.)
- Controlled substances
- Biohazardous waste (blood, urine, etc.)
How to Prepare...
- Bring your unwanted items in a sturdy box, preferably in their original, labeled containers.
- Do not EVER mix products together.
- Be prepared to leave your containers. Because of permitting requirements, and the volume of people that utilize the program, items such as gasoline cans will not be returned.