The League of Women Voters of Pueblo HAS CANCELLED our annual Making Democracy Work Award on April 25, 2019. The award recognizes a community leader age 45 or older who has significantly contributed to our community in a positive and meaningful way.
The award ceremony will be held at River's Edge Banquet Hall, 102 Oneida St, at 6:00 pm. To make a reservation, please pay $40 per person through the donate button, call the League at 719-470-0723, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may pay by cash or check at the event; no credit cards accepted.
Who is eligible?
- An Individual 45 years old and older that has made a significant contribution to our community
- Not currently running for office or serving as an elected official
- Not a current board member of the LWV-Pueblo
As you write your nomination, consider the following:
- Our Mission: Empowering Voters. Defending Democracy.
- Our Vision: We envision a democracy where every person has the desire, the right, the knowledge and the confidence to participate.
- Our Value Statement: The League believes in the power of women to create a more perfect democracy.
The following criteria will be considered:
- What level of community (local, state, national) involvement has the nominee had, and what level of influence has occurred? (This can have occurred in a quiet or public manner.) Give examples.
- How has their career, work, volunteerism served the public?
- How have the efforts of the nominee supported and encouraged equality and empowerment of others/ community?
- Is the nominee involved on community boards, commissions and a member of community organizations?
- Are there examples of leadership, advocacy and innovation in the efforts of the nominee?