You Can Make a Difference
Explore the areas that best match your skills and interests. Together we can help make democracy work.
- Research poverty/health data.
- Create presentations explaining League positions.
- Educate on poverty/health issues.
- Advocate with non-profit agencies and legislators.
- Present League recommendations to local and state boards.
Want to know more?
Contact Beth Hovind: email@example.com.
- Register/update voters.
- Participate in/organize candidate forums.
- Prepare Voter Guides.
- Observe County Canvas Board.
- Conduct Supervisor of Elections interviews.
NOTE: If you want to volunteer to register voters, you must first be a League member and be certified by the League of Women Voters of Florida.
Contact Doris Reeves-Lipscomb: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proofread The Voter before distribution to the membership.
- Contribute articles and photos for publication in The Voter on such topics as:
- Summary of one of the LWVNPC events.
- Interview with a speaker prior to the LWVNPC event.
- Summary of LWVNPC committee activities.
- Interview with a new member.
- Progress of bills related to issues on which the League has a position.
Contact Peggy Toohey: email@example.com
Monitor the organizations that are working on solutions to transportation needs in the Tampa Bay area.
- Forward Pinellas - A land use and transportation planning agency
- Plan Hillsborough - A transportation policy-making board.
- Tampa Bay Area Regional Transportation Agency (TBARTA) - Serving a 7-county region.
For background information see the Tampa Bay Times Editorial, 03/10/2017
Contact Karen Karinja: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monitor the Florida Legislature to ensure they observe the following:
- Adhere to Amendment 1, the Florida Land and Water Conservation Act passed in 2014, as intended by voters.
- Restore funding for the land conservation program, Florida Forever.
- Keep Florida State Parks from logging, cattle grazing, excessive RV camping, and other commercial endeavors.
Contact Dave Sillman: email@example.com
Provides communite education and advocacy for LWVNPC policies and positions on education issues in Pinellas County.
- Initiate study of local education issues.
- Initiate and promote candidate forums for open school board positions as needed.
- Education League members and the public on LWVNPC positions on education reform and funding.
Contact Nikki Fleming: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nationally, the League of Women Voters supports a strong, effective United Nations and endorses the full and active participation of the United States in the UN system. The League supports UN efforts to:
- Promote international peace and security
- Advance the social and economic well-being of the world’s people
- Ensure respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms
- Foster trust and cooperation among nations by encouraging adherence to conventions, treaties, and other international agreements
- Protect the integrity of the world environment
- Achieve the full and equal participation of women in all aspects of civil and political life.
Contact Judy McSwine: JudyMcSwine@gmail.com