|Mail:||League of Women Voters of Georgia
800 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta GA 30342
Email: lwvga [at] lwvga.org ([email the League]) (general info/questions)
Or contact one of the people below:
|President||Tracy Adkison||tadkison [at] lwvga.org ([send email])|
|Office Manager||Marla Bexley-Lovell||Marla [at] lwvga.org ([send email])|
See also the local Leagues in Georgia.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy. We never support or oppose any political party or candidate.
The League of Women Voters has two separate and distinct roles:
- Voters Service/Citizen Education: we present unbiased nonpartisan information about elections, the voting process, and issues.
- Action/Advocacy: we are also nonpartisan, but, after study, we use our positions to advocate for or against particular policies in the public interest.
To conduct our voter service and citizen education activities, we use funds from the League of Women Voters Education Fund, which is a 501(c)(3) corporation, a nonprofit educational organization. The League of Women Voters, a membership organization, conducts action and advocacy and is a nonprofit 501(c)(4) corporation.
Our Vision, Beliefs, and Intentions guide our activities.
We currently have local Leagues in the following areas:
- Atlanta-Fulton County
- Carrollton-Carroll County
- Central Savannah River Area
- Coastal Georgia
- Macon-Bibb County
- Marietta-Cobb County
- Rockdale-Newton County
- League of Women Voters of the United States
- Facebook Page of League of Women Voters of the United States
Courtesy of League of Women Voters of Ohio: Leadership Materials