Networking/Social Time: 6:30PM ET Presentation: 7:00PM ET
- Keynote: Ambassador Andrew Young, Former Mayor of Atlanta, Congressman, and Ambassador
- Special Guest: Deborah Turner, President of the League of Women Voters U.S. 2020-2022
- Special Guest: Elisabeth MacNamara, Past President of the League of Women Voters U.S.
- Eléonore Raoul Green Award Honoree: Leah Ward Sears, Chief Justice, Georgia Supreme Court (ret.)
- Mistress of Ceremonies: Sophia Choi - News Anchor, WSB TV
- Special Musical Performance: Jazz Saxophonist, Reginald Harris
On August 26, 1920 after decades of tireless advocacy, women finally won the right to vote with the adoption of the 19th Amendment—opening the democratic process to more than 23 million women. Women’s Equality Day was created on this anniversary to raise awareness about the importance of gender equality and recognize the sacrifices made by the suffragists. Join us for this inspiring look at where we've come and a look forward at the work that still needs to be done to ensure equality for all.
This event is part of Equality Week 2020, a larger program celebrating the Centennial of the League of Women Voters and the ratification of the 19th Amendment. Learn more about other events, including panel discussions, community conversations, book discussions, film screenings, workshops, and advocacy opportunities here. Tickets may be purchased separately for each event or as a package for the entire week. Sponsorships are also available.
Equality Week 2020 Package $75.00
Single access to ALL events during the week
Equality Week Combo for Two $125.00
Access to All events during the week for you and a guest
Women Power the Vote - Single Event Access $25