The League of Women Voters of Georgia supports:
- A state redistricting process and standards that promote fair and effective representation in the state legislature and House of Representatives with maximum opportunity for public scrutiny.
- An independent commission as the preferred redistricting body. The membership of the redistricting commission should be multi-partisan, include unaffiliated voters, be geographically representative and not include any current state elected official.
- Standards that require districts to be drawn without regard to the partisan voting patterns.
- Final approval by the General Assembly for the legislative and Congressional redistricting plans.
- An amendment to the Georgia Constitution affirming that the redistricting process for the House of Representatives should occur only once every ten years after the census.
This page is related to which committees:Voter Services Committee