LWV Chicago provides the following voter education and registration services to facilitate participation in the voting process:
Deputy Voter Registrar Training
We sponsor DVR training for League members. DVR training dates can be found on our calendar. Contact the Voter Service Chair Helene Gabelnick at league [at] lwvchicago.org for additional information.
We are busy coordinating registration drives leading up to the November 2018 election. Take a look and sign up to volunteer at one! You do not need to be a trained Deputy Voter Registrar to work at these drives. If you have questions or would like to plan a drive, contact Voter Service Chair Helene Gabelnick at league [at] lwvchicago.org.
Upcoming Registration Drives:
- Tuesday, Sept. 18, Harold Washington Library
- Friday, Sept. 21, Collaboraction Peacebook Festival
- Saturday, Sept. 22, Collaboraction Peacebook Festival
- Saturday, Sept. 22, Harvesting Health: Fall Festival
- Tuesday, Sept. 25, National Voter Registration Day: High Schools
- Tuesday, Sept. 25, Loyola University, Rogers Park Campus
- Tuesday, Sept. 25, YWCA Julian Grace Innovation and Technology Institute
- Tuesday, Sept. 25, YWCA Parks Francis Center
- Tuesday, Sept. 25, Center on Halsted
- Wednesday, Sept. 26, Kraft Heinz, Aon Center
- Wednesday, Sept. 26, DePaul University Get Out the Vote Fair
- Wednesday, Sept. 26, Harold Washington Library
- Saturday, Sept. 29, Edgewater Arts Festival
- Sunday, Sept. 30, Edgewater Arts Festival
- Monday, October 1, Loyola University, Arrupe College
- Wednesday, October 3, Loyola University, Lewis Library
- Saturday, October 6, BarFly (HopCat)
- Monday, October 8, Richard M. Daley Library
- Tuesday, October 9, Harold Washington Library
- Wednesday, October 10, Harold Washington Library
- Saturday, October 13, Women's March
- Monday, October 15, Richard M. Daley Library
- Tuesday, October 16, Harold Washington Library
- Wednesday, October 17, Harold Washington Library
Several LWV Chicago members are taking the lead in four types of locations around the city. Contact the individuals noted at league [at] lwvchicago.org to get involved in these specific projects.
- High schools - Pat Wilder
- City colleges - Laura Ring
- Retirement communities - Melanie Norstrom
- Public libraries - Nancy Martin
LWV Chicago is also partnering with Chicago Votes to register eligible voters at Cook County Jail. Voting drives are currently fully staffed, but fill out this Cook County Jail Project form to sign up to help run elections at the jail in November. You may also contact Julie Shelton at league [at] lwvchicago.org for more details on jail visit training and how to sign up.
The League of Women Voters trains volunteers to moderate candidate forums and debates. If you are interested in moderating an event or asking League members to moderate your event, please contact the Voter Service Chair Helene Gabelnick at league [at] lwvchicago.org.