Membership in the League of Women Voters, the most respected and effective grassroots organization in the country, is open to people aged 16 and older. Your membership gives the League the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change. Read more about our mission and roles.
Benefits of Membership
Our members make a visible difference by serving as community leaders using their experience to create positive, lasting change in our communities.
Members can participate in a number of ways, including:
- Supporting the activities of the League with their annual dues
- Responding to action alerts asking to contact policy makers
- Supporting the League's voter service and advocacy work as a member, volunteer, or leader
- Serving in an organizational role on the Board of Directors
- Joining one of our committees or neighborhood units
- Subscribing for regular updates via our newsletter and social media
- Learning and networking at events on key issues for the city of Chicago
- Observing and reporting on government activities
- Participating in studies of various policy issues
- Attending or organizing fundraising events
By joining LWV Chicago you automatically become a member of:
- LWV United States (LWVUS)
- LWV Illinois (LWVIL)
- LWV Cook County (LWVCC)
- LWV Lake Michigan Region (LWVLMR)
- LWV Upper Mississippi River Region (LWVLMMR)
You will receive their publications along with the LWV Chicago newsletter, The Chicago Voter. You will add your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington DC, and U.S. territories.
Still have questions? Contact us at 312-939-5949 or email league [at] lwvchicago.org
We'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Click below to complete the online membership form.