Make Democracy Work
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging the informed and active participation of citizens in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
APRIL 28, 2018 SECURITY DISTRICTS PROPOSITIONS ELECTIONS
- Garden District's Security District
- Lakewood Crime Prevention and Improvement District
- Upper Hurstville Security District
RESULTS OF THE MARCH 24TH PRIMARY
- Judge, Court of Appeal, 4th Circuit: Dale Atkins
- Judge, Civil District Court, Ellen Hazeur
- State Representative, 93rd District: Roy Duplesiss
- No run-off election is scheduled
- Next Election: Congressional Primary, November 10, 2018
THE GERRY "MEANDER" IS COMING! THE GERRY "MEANDER" IS COMING!
THE LEAGUE’S POSITION The League of Women Voters believes that the proliferation of handguns and semi-automatic assault weapons in the United States is a major health and safety threat to its citizens. The League supports strong federal measures to limit the accessibility and regulate the ownership of these weapons by private citizens. The League supports regulating firearms for consumer safety...... Read the complete position report
MEMBER ALERT! Watch your e-mail LWVNO newsletter and notices for the instructions to access the MEMBERS ONLY section on this website.