The LWV emphasizes voter education and non-partisan information about candidates. The LWV of the Midland Area sponsors candidate forums for contested local races, participates in Vote411.org, and publishes a Voters Guide for General Elections.
- March 10, 2020 Presidential Primary in Michigan
- August 3, 2020 Michigan state and local offices primary
- Primary November 3, 2020 General Election
Am I registered?
Check the Michigan Secretary of State site to verify your registration, see your sample ballot, and find your polling place.
How do I register?
Use the State of Michigan Voter Registration Application. Return form by mail or in person to your local Clerk. OR you can visit any Secretary of State Office, County Clerk, City of Midland Clerk or your Township clerk
How do I get an absentee ballot?
- Anyone can request an absentee ballot. You must fill out the absentee ballot application and return it to your City or Township Clerk by 5pm Friday before the election.
- Read and follow the instructions on the Secretary of State's web site. State of Michigan absentee ballot application. Contact your City or Township Clerk if you have questions.
What's on my ballot?
There are two sources of ballot information. Michigan Voter Information Center and Vote411.org.
You must enter your information, then follow directions to see your registration status, your ballot, and candidate information.
Applications now being accepted for the Michigan Citizens Redistricting Commission.