Information about upcoming debates between the candidates
Top 5 Tips for Debate Watchers
1. Think Ahead – Before the debate, ask yourself which issues are most important to you, and jot down what you'd like to learn from each of the candidates.
2. Are They Answering the Question? Pay attention to how the candidates answer the questions. Are they specific? Sincere? Knowledgeable?
3. Keep Track of Topics – Are the candidates being asked about your priority issues? Are the questions fair and pertinent?
4. Talk it out! Afterwards, talk about the debate with your friends & family. Did the debate sway your decision? Did you learn something new about the candidates' positions?
5. VOTE on ELECTION DAY. It is your best opportunity to make your voice heard and help shape the issues that affect all of us! Visit Vote411.org to prepare yourself.
- Get the basics on Debate Watching 101.
- Get information on How to Judge a Candidate online or as a PDF. It's a helpful packet with tips and evaluation tools!
- Score the Candidate Report Card to compare the candidates on issues important to you!