The League is proud to partner with The Lou radio station (95.5) and the Gamma Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority on three virtual candidate forums before the Nov. 3 election. For the Oct. 19 forum, candidates for U.S. House of Representatives in Districts 1 and 2 were invited.
Submit questions to akagoprograms [at] gmail.com. You can watch these forums moderated by Isis Jones on Facebook live by going to https://www.facebook.com/akagostl.
Candidates for statewide office and St. Louis city offices were invited for the Oct. 20 forum. The Oct. 21 Forum features candidates for St. Louis County Executive and County Council District 4.
The League of Women Voters of Metro St. Louis believes one of the best ways for voters to learn about people seeking election is to hear candidates speak and answer questions in a public forum.
VOTE411.org has information about the candidates and issues on your ballot.
Forums for the August 4th Primary Election
Before the Aug. 4 primary, the League sponsored United We Vote forums with candidates for the 1st Congressional District; St. Louis City Circuit Attorney, Sheriff and Treasurer; and for St. Louis County Executive and County Council District 4 candidates.
- StL County Executive and StL County Council District 2, July 20 at 7pm, Virtual Candidate Forum for the Democratic nominations. Sponsored by: Maryland Heights and Creve Coeur Township Democratic Clubs. Watch the recorded forum on YouTube.
- Missouri County Council District 4, July 27 at 7 pm, Virtual Candidate Forum for the Democratic nomination. Sponsored by: Spanish Lake Community Association, Spanish Lake Community Development Corp. and Old Jamestown Association. Watch the recorded forum.
- Missouri Senate District 5, July 30 at 6:30pm, Virtual Candidate Forum for the Democratic nomination. Sponsored by: Democratic City Central Committee. Watch the recorded forum.
To keep forums informative for voters the League has estalished candidate forum ground rules. The sponsor and moderator reserve the right to ask seriously disruptive audience members and/or candidates to leave. LWV Metro St. Louis determines which questions will be asked and attempts in good faith to cover areas of interest expressed by the audience.
Candidate forums are a service we provide as part of our mission to encourage citizen participation in government. All candidates certified to appear on the ballot for a particular office shall be invited to the forum.
- Kirkwood City Council Virtual Candidate Forum: May 27, 7pm. Cosponsor: Kirkwood Public Library.
- Webster Groves School Board Virtual Candidate Forum: May 28, 7pm. Co-sponsor: Webster Groves Board of Education. Moderator is Louise Wilkerson.
- Ferguson Mayor Virtual Candidate Forum: May 29, 7pm. Co-sponsor: Ferguson Public Library. Moderator is Kathleen Farrell.
- Mehlville School Board: CANCELLED.
- Ferguson-Florissant School Board: CANCELLED
- Bellefontaine Neighbors Alderman: Feb. 19, 6 pm, Lewis & Clark Library, 9901 Lewis & Clark Blvd.
- Wildwood Council & Mayor: Feb. 26, 7 pm, Wildwood City Hall, 16860 Main St.
- Jennings School Board: Feb. 27, 6 pm, Gary Gore Community Center, 2545 Dorwood Dr.
- Kirkwood School Board: March 2, 7 pm, Kirkwood High School, 801 W. Essex. See video of this forum at https://www.facebook.com/lwvstl/videos/199281557950987/.
- Bellefontaine Neighbors Alderman: March 7, 6 pm, Lewis & Clark Library, 9901 Lewis & Clark Blvd.