Current League Action
- LWVNYS Pre Budget Lobby Packet 2019
- LWVNYS County Board of Elections Packet on Voting Reforms 2019
- LWVNYS Budget Testimony on Education Financing 2019
- On January 29th the League testified before the Joint Budget Committees on Public Protection in favor of $9 million in funding for early voting in New York State. Read Testimony.
- LWVNYS Statement on Voting Reform Package
We did it! We have passed a package of comprehensive voting reforms in New York State! After more than three decades of fighting for election modernization, the state legislature has finally passed a package of voting reforms that includes early voting, same day voter registration, no-excuse absentee voting, primary consolidation, pre-registration for 16 and 17 year olds, state-wide voter registration transfer, and closure of the LLC loophole. The League will continue to advocate for funding for many of these reforms. Stay tuned for updates on the statues as the session continues.
- Legislative Agenda for 2019
- League Joins Lawsuit Challenging 25 Day Voter Registration Deadline
The League of Women Voters of NYS joined The New York Civil Liberties Union, American Civil Liberties Union, and the law firm Latham & Watkins LLP to file a lawsuit today challenging New York’s 25-day voter registration cutoff for arbitrarily disenfranchising tens of thousands of eligible voters.
- Joint Statement on Clean Contracting Reforms