The League of Women Voters has long been recognized as the premiere source for nonpartisan election information.Need some assistance during election time? Whether you're a first-time voter or just looking for some friendly reminders, the League has the information you need.
Help New Yorkers vote! Sign up to be a poll worker on National Poll Worker Recruitment Day. Learn more here.
Town and Village Elections
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
General Election Day
November 3, 2020
EARLY VOTING OCTOBER 24 – NOVEMBER 1
- October 9 is the last day to postmark your voter registration form
- October 9 is the last day to register to vote in person at your county Board of Elections office
- October 27 is the last day to postmark application for absentee ballot by mail.
- November 2 is the last day to apply in person for absentee ballot
- November 3 is last day to postmark absentee ballot.
- November 3 is the last day to deliver absentee ballot in person at board of elections.
ABSENTEE VOTING INFORMATION FOR ALL COUNTIES IN NEW YORK STATE
- Scroll Up or Down to find your county
- Scroll L to R to find address, phone number, email address, hours of operation, and absentee ballot procedures for your county.
Updated 2020 Political Calendar (April 7, 2020)
Find the races and candidates on your specific ballot at www.vote411.org.
|Information and deadlines on voter registration, absentee ballots and more.|
|Absentee Ballot Application
|NYS Voter's Bill of Rights|
|Federal Voting Assistance Program||Polling Place Lookup|
|First Vote, A Guide for New Voters in NYS
|Military/Federal Voting Information||Voter Registration Form – English|
|NYS Board of Elections||Voter Registration Form – Spanish|
ENROLLING AS AN ORGAN AND TISSUE DONER
When you register to vote, you’ll also have the option to enroll in the New York State Donate Life Registry (Registry), a confidential database of people who have signed up to donate their organs, eyes and/or tissues after their death. READ MORE
Your Right to Vote in New York State
|Individuals with Disabilities
|Individuals with Mental Health Disabilities
|Individuals with Criminal Convictions and Those Detained in Jail or Prison
- Link to NYS Board of Election site with instructions for using each of the new voting machines; click on the machine type and a listing of the counties using that type will be provided on the right side.
- Running For Elective Office in NYS.
Specific information and instructions for anyone considering to run for elective office in NYS.
- Know Your Voting Machine.
- Moderating Candidate Events
This is a PowerPoint detailing Procedures and Techniques for Stress-Free Moderating
ROAD TO THE VOTING BOOTH (RESOURCES FOR LOCAL LEAGUES)
- Part I Handbook for Voter Service Directors
- Part II Handbook for Candidate Events
- Part IIA Toolkit for Candidate Events (Samples and Examples)
- Part III How to Conduct a Successful Voter Registration Drive
- Part IIIA Toolkit for Voter Registration Drives (Samples and Examples)
- Get Out the Vote Toolkit (Samples and Examples)
- 2019 Guidelines for Candidate Events
- GOTV While Social Distancing
Toolkit on ideas to get out the vote during this time of social distancing