Absentee Ballot FAQs
My oath envelope has the wrong address. What do I do?
- If you are in Brooklyn, please read this statement from the Board of Elections.
- If you are in another borough, please either email the Board of Elections at Apply4Absentee [at] boe.nyc or call them at 1-866-VOTE-NYC.
My absentee ballot says "Absentee Military," but I'm not in the military. Will my vote count if I complete and return the ballot?
- Yes, your ballot is valid and your vote will be processed. This was a typo and should have read "Absentee/Military."
I want to be sure I have the right absentee ballot. How do I do that?
- Look for the Assembly District and the Election Districts covered at the top of the ballot. Compare that to your ED/AD, which you can look up here.
Can I still apply for an absentee ballot?
- You have until October 27th to apply, although we recommend applying ASAP to ensure you receive your ballot in time. Apply online here.
How can I check the status of my absentee ballot?
- Click here to check the status of your absentee ballot.