Please note, we will be updating this page frequently as Covid- 19 related voting and election changes are introduced.
UPDATE 5/5/20: The Democratic Presidential Primary in NY State has been reinstated.
Keep an eye out for your postage-paid absentee ballot applications being mailed to you from the Board of Elections. Paper applications will be mailed to all eligible June voters starting on May 18th. You can also request your absentee ballot using other methods - click here for more info.
Please note: if you do not have a primary in your district, you will NOT be receiving an absentee ballot.
Important 2020 Election Dates:
- June 16: Last day to postmark, apply online, email or fax your absentee ballot application for the June 23rd primary election
- June 13-21: Early voting for June 23rd primary election
- June 23: Primary election for federal, state and city positions
- Oct 9: Last day to register for 2020 General Election by mail and in person
- Oct 24-Nov 1: Early voting for 2020 General Election
- Nov 3: 2020 General Election
- There are multiple ways to request your absentee ballot! Click here for more info.
As New York State voting and election regulations adapt to new conditions presented by the pandemic, we want voters to be as empowered as possible. To that end, we put together a comprehensive manual on how to apply for an absentee ballot in NYC. You can access it by clicking here.
Early voting will begin 10 days before Election Day, run for nine consecutive days, and end the Sunday before election day. We've compiled a summary by clicking here
Poll workers (election inspectors) conduct assigned duties at a polling site on Election Day. Duties can include issuing ballots to registered voters, registering voters, monitoring the voting equipment, explaining how to mark the ballot or use the voting equipment or counting votes. All positions are paid including the required training.
Apply online or download the application below: