Every election is important! Make sure your voice is heard at all levels of government by voting every year. Your local and state elected officials pass and enforce laws that impact your daily life, so be sure to vote in every race. The best way to make sure you vote is to plan your vote. Take our Voter Pledge!
Before you make your plan to vote, make sure you're registered!
- Check your voter registration status here
- If you're not registered, you have to register by October 9th
- If you have a NYS driver's license or non-driver's DMV ID, register online - instructions here
- If not, download and complete the paper form - instructions here
Did you know that all New York voters can vote early? This is a great option if you're worried about long lines on Election Day or if you'll be working on Election Day.
- Vote early from October 24th - November 1st (hours vary)
- Find your early voting site here
- Turn up and vote!
Do you have difficulties getting to the polls? Are you concerned about catching COVID-19? You can vote by absentee ballot this year.
- Request your absentee ballot ASAP - Get it online
- Fill it out and be sure to sign and date it on the privacy envelope (the smaller one), then seal it and put it in the mailing envelope
- Return your absentee ballot
- By mail - must be postmarked by November 3rd and received by November 10th; those without a valid postmark must be received by the Board of Elections by November 4th
- Drop off your absentee ballot at any early voting site between October 24th and November 1st
- Drop off your absentee ballot at any poll site on November 3rd
- Drop off your absentee ballot at your county Board of Elections by November 3rd
Yes, polls will be open from 6 am to 9 pm on election day! You can still vote in person. Remember, if you're still on line at 9 pm, you can still vote. Don't leave. Make sure your vote is counted!
- Election day is November 3rd
- Find your poll site here
- Turn up and vote!