- Advocate quality public education in New York with emphasis on assuring that education funds support classroom services.
- Support inclusion of the responsibilities of the Department of Education in the City Charter.
- Support Mayoral Control of the public schools;
- Supports fixed terms for members of the Panel for Educational Policy who are appointed by the Mayor, the Borough Presidents and the Public Advocate.
- Support quality early childhood education, Head Start and universal pre-kindergarten.
League to which this content belongs:The City of New York