Deadlines for the General Election on Tuesday, November 7, 2023 (Early Voting Saturday, October 28, 2023 to Sunday, November 5, 2023):
- Monday, October 23, 2023: Last day for any change of address to be received by the Westchester County Board of Elections Office (25 Quarropas Street, White Plains, NY 10601); last day for a mailed absentee ballot application to be received by the Board of Elections via letter addressed to Westchester County Board of Elections, 25 Quarropas Street, White Plains, NY 10601, fax to (914) 995-7753 or (914) 995-3190, BOE-WestAbsentee [at] westchestergov.com (email) or through the absentee ballot application online portal.
- Saturday, October 28, 2023 (Golden Day): Last day to register to vote through the voter registration online portal or in person at any early polling location in Westchester or for a mailed voter registration application to be received by the Westchester County Board of Elections Office (25 Quarropas Street, White Plains, NY 10601).
- Monday, November 6, 2023: Last day to apply in person at the Board of Elections for the General Election absentee ballot.
- Tuesday, November 7, 2023: Last day for your completed absentee ballot to be postmarked or hand-delivered to the Board of Elections or dropped off at any polling location in the County. Please note that mailed absentee ballots must be received by Tuesday, November 14, 2023, to be counted; in person voting only at your assigned polling location.
Follow these links for the NYS online voter registration portal (NY.Gov ID required) or the downloadable fill-in NYS voter registration form that can be used to:
- Register to vote
- Change your name or address on your voter registration
- Become a member of a political party
- Change your party membership (Please note: An application to change one's party enrollment for the primary election in any year must be received by the board of elections no later than February 14th of that year. Party changes received on or after February 15th, will be placed on hold until seven days after the June Primary.)
- Pre-register to vote if you are 16 or 17 years of age
Links to additional resources and election information:
- Westchester County Board of Elections
- Westchester County Early Voting Dates, Hours, and Locations
- Westchester County Fair Campaign Practices Committee
- New York State Board of Elections
- Vote 411 (to see what is on your ballot, check your registration status, find your polling place, and more)
- LWVNY Voters Guide Part I: Facts for Voters
- LWVNY Voters Guide Part II: Ballot Proposals
- LWVNY Voter Information