The provision of human services is deemed imperative to the health and well-being of Delaware County and its residents.
The League of Women Voters of Delaware County believes that provision of human services is imperative to maintaining the health and well-being of our community. To this end the League supports:
- Adequate funding of the Department of Job and Family Services.
- Encouragement of policy makers to provide funds for meeting needs such as affordable housing, public transportation, mental health services including substance abuse, and medical coverage for low-income families and individuals.
- Support for services and programs designed to prevent unintended pregnancy and to provide for reproductive health.
- A coordinated system to administer multiple services to promote and support stable families.
- Efforts to promote extended hours for child care for working families.
- Interagency cooperation to provide Adult Protective Services to Delaware County residents. Promoting awareness of Adult Protective Services and prevention of abuse, neglect and exploitation.
League to which this content belongs:Delaware County