- Women are still not paid the same wages as men for doing the same jobs in the US.
- Assertive women are often considered "bossy."
- Research shows that women who have had more sexual partners are stigmatized, but men are rewarded.
- Women are still expected to change their last name when they get married.
- Cleavage is prevalent in advertisements and media, but women breastfeeding their children in public are still told to cover up.
- "Dad bods" are considered attractive, but women are expected to lose baby weight after giving birth.
- Men are disproportionately praised for taking care of their children, whereas women are expected to be caregivers.
- Childcare responsibilities still widely fall on women — nearly 2.5 million women left the workforce after childcare centers and schools closed due to the pandemic.
- Any parenting decision a woman makes is subject to "mom shaming."
- Women pay more for the same everyday items because of the "pink tax."
- Women may be more likely to die of a heart attack if they have a male doctor.
To read the full article, please go to: Insider.com
League to which this content belongs:Oklahoma