Use these voting options to make sure your voice heard on Election Day.
Valid reasons to vote absentee include work, travel, or classes on Election Day, a role as a caregiver or illness that could interfere with voting, or age 65+. And this year, concern about COVID-19. Make sure you are registered to vote at VOTE411.org.
Once registered, voters have several options:
Request an absentee ballot online or by phone at any time during the year.
Request your ballot online
Use this link
to make your request. To get your application online, you must be able to print your application or save your application for printing later. You can also use this link to access your application to print again. Once printed, complete the application and return it by mail, via FAX, or as a saved document by email.
Important dates when requesting an absentee application:
• October 2, 2020 by 5:00 pm: Final date to apply for absentee application in person,
• October 4, 2020 by 11:59pm: Final date to apply for absentee application by email or online
• October 5, 2020: Final date mailed absentee application must be postmarked.
Completed applications for absentee ballots must be received by:
- Before 5:00 pm on Saturday, October 24, 2020 by Email, Fax or Mail
- Before 5:00 pm October 30, 2020 by In-person or Authorized Representative
Request your ballot by phone
Call the Beaufort Board of Elections Office (843-255-6900) ASAP to allow for mailing. Request to vote absentee and provide your Social Security Number or Voter Registration Number. The office can complete the application on the phone and email the form to you for your signature. Return the signed form by mail, via FAX, or as a saved document by email.
Upon receipt of your ballot in US mail, return it promptly
Upon receipt of your signed application, the office will then mail you a ballot. Ballots will be sent out sometime in the first week of October. Sign it promptly and return it in the envelope provided. Ballots are due by Election Day at 7 p.m. Allow ample time for mail delivery. You can also return your ballot in person to the Board of Elections Bluffton or Beaufort offices (see below). Another person may return your ballot for you, but you and your designee must fill out an authorization form to do so. This form will be included with your absentee ballot information
Vote absentee in-person
Visit any of the Beaufort County Board of Elections offices (see below) during business hours to vote Absentee in-person. Fill out an absentee ballot application, and vote on the same day. To absentee vote in-person, you must have a valid form of photo ID. Absentee in-person voting starts October 5, 2020 (see locations and hours below). You must cast a ballot by 5 p.m. on the day before the election.
Vote in person on Election Day
Board of Election Offices
- Beaufort Office – Beaufort Office – 15 John Galt Rd, Beaufort, SC 29910 (843-255-6900)
- Bluffton Office – 61B Ulmer Road, Bluffton SC 29910 (843-255-6940)
- Hilton Head Office - 539 William Hilton Parkway, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928 beginning Oct 5, 2020.
- Daily – 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Beaufort
- Daily – 9:00 am to 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm, Bluffton
- Daily – 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, Hilton Head beginning October 5