Voter Communications Bulletin
Issue No. 3
A registered South Carolina voter must request and complete an application to receive an absentee ballot. This year, the concern for COVID has now been added as a reason for voting absentee--allowing more voters the opportunity to vote absenttee by mail or in-person before Election Day.
Once the application has been requested, it may take up to 10 business days to receive the absentee application itself. Complete and return the application to the VR&E office as soon as possible in the self-addressed envelope provided, or in-person to the Beaufort, Bluffton or Hilton Head offices after October 5.
Important dates to remember:
Last day to register to vote in the November 3 General Election:
- In-Person - October 2, 2020, by 5:00 pm
- Email, Fax, or Online - October 4, 2020, by 11:59 pm
- By Mail (Must be postmarked by) - October 5, 2020
Completed applications for absentee ballots must be received:
- Before 5:00 pm on Saturday, October 24, 2020 email, fax or mail
- Before 5:00 pm October 30, 2020, In-person or authorized representative
- By Monday, November 2, 2020, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, if voting in-person
An absentee application can be requested online at: https://info.scvotes.sc.gov, or if you have questions, call 1-843-255-6900.
Ballots will be sent out beginning the first week of October. Important update: a witness signature is required! Have your signature witnessed by a friend, family member, or neighbor. The person does NOT have to be a notary. Here is important information about voting:
In-Person Absentee Voting hours:
Monday – Friday, October 5- November 2 from 9:00 am - 4: 00 pm.
Saturday, October 31 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm.
There will be 3 absentee voting locations:
- Beaufort at 15 John Galt Road
- Bluffton at 61B Ulmer Road
- Hilton Head Island at 539 Wm Hilton Parkway
Office locations are open for additional information and help in voting:
- Weekdays – 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Beaufort
- Weekdays – 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, Bluffton
- Weekdays – 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, Hilton Head
- November 2nd – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- November 3rd – 7:00 am to 7:00 pm at your precinct