The League of Women Voters of Knoxville/Knox County supports local government policies, decisions, and actions that promote the physical, emotional, mental, and social well-being of citizens and environments. Examples of policies the League would support include, but are not limited to:
- Health goals integrated into all local government planning processes
- Collaboration among health partners to ensure the necessary physical space and organization and communication systems for a healthy community
- Enhancing County Health Department efforts by regular collaborative community health planning and membership in local collaborations
- Health education and intervention for wellness and disease prevention
- Government policies that encourage healthier life choices, including enhanced access to healthful food and stronger local food systems
- Expansion of mental health services while reducing demand on hospitals and jails.