You can help by emailing your elected official your support for the Children’s Health Coverage Bill - HB 342 (Cortez) and the Companion bills: HB 829 (Rose), SB 637 (Zaffarini).
- Texas has the nation’s highest uninsured rate for kids and it is getting worse.
- Kids who are currently eligible for Medicaid insurance would stay enrolled for 12 consecutive months.
- The current process, asks parents to submit paperwork up to 5 times a year - per child, providing short time periods for a parent to respond and greatly increasing the chance that eligible children will lose coverage.
- These bills would keep more kids insured and healthy.
- It would cut down on costly paperwork burdening the state, parents and doctors.
You may personalize the email by adding your own story if you would like.