Aimee Mobley Turney (Houston) Gun Safety Issue Chair
9.1.19 LWVTX statement regarding the mass shooting in Midland/Odessa.
- Gun Safety Texas Select Committee on Violence in Schools and School Security (7.24.18)
- Gun Safety Texas Select Committee on Violence in Schools and School Security (6.12.18)
Coalitions & Resources
- GVPedia is a comprehensive resource providing public access to our Gun Study Database, the largest in existence, and to GVP University, a repository of white papers and fact sheets about gun violence.
- The Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence (formerly Legal Community Against Violence) is a national law center focused on providing comprehensive legal expertise in support of gun violence prevention and the promotion of smart gun laws that save lives. As a nonprofit organization founded by attorneys, we remain dedicated to preventing the loss of lives caused by gun violence through educating the public, free of charge, on America's gun laws and the solutions that will reduce the epidemic of gun violence in this country.
- Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence (Ed Fund) is the 501(c)(3) affiliate organization of the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence (CSGV). The organization has engaged in a number of successful public education campaigns over the years aimed at reducing gun death and injury.
- Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America is a non-partisan grassroots movement to mobilize moms and families to advocate for stronger gun laws
- Texas Gun Sense is a nonprofit organization that seeks to reduce gun violence by supporting research-based policy and raising public awareness of common sense solutions.
- Campaign to Keep Guns Off Campus opposes legislation that mandates that colleges and universities allow students to carry concealed handguns on campus.
- Texas Department of Public Safety FAQS on CHL
- CHL Concealed Hand Gun License
- DPS Department of Public Safety
"Support violence prevention programs in communities" & "Protect the health and safety of citizens through limiting the accessibility and regulating the ownership of handguns and semi-automatic weapons. Support regulation of firearms for consumer safety."