Meg Scott-Johnson (Hill Country) Issue Chair
Coalitions & Resources
- The Attorney General's website covers human trafficking
- Human Trafficking Issues and Warning Signs The League of Women Voters-Hill Country developed an online course about issues of human trafficking. It is TEA approved for teachers' continuing education credits. It is free and participants can self-register. If questions or issues with registration please contact me. Registration is verified by clicking a link that is emailed to the participant, and since the email has a link, it is often blocked by SPAM filters. Questions: LWV-Hill Country Leadership Team Member-at-Large Maggie Marsh-Nation, BSIT, MSIDT, R. EEG/EP T., CNIM Alpha eLearning Development & Instructional Design, LLC Independent Training Consultant email@example.com
- Children at Risk serves as a catalyst for change to improve the quality of life for children through strategic research, public policy analysis, education, collaboration and advocacy.
- National Human Trafficking Hotline 1-888-373-7888 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Polaris is a leader in the global fight to eradicate modern slavery. Named after the North Star that guided slaves to freedom in the U.S., Polaris systemically disrupts the human trafficking networks that rob human beings of their lives and their freedom. Our comprehensive model puts victims at the center of what we do + helping survivors restore their freedom, preventing more victims, and leveraging data and technology to pursue traffickers wherever they operate.
- Trafficking in Persons Report from the U.S. State Department
"The League of Women Voters opposes all forms of domestic and international human trafficking of adults and children, including sex trafficking and labor trafficking. We consider human trafficking to be a form of modern-day slavery and believe that every measure should be taken and every effort should be made through legislation and changes in public policy to prevent human trafficking."