The League of Women Voters encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
- Contact your elected officials
- Local League Legislator Connection Webinar 2018
- Elected Officials Directory
Texas Capitol LInks
- Who represents you at the state & U.S. level
- Map of the Capitol by the Texas Tribune; Inside the Texas Legislature
- Texas Online, the Official Site of Texas State Government
- LWVTX Capitol Action Minute
- Sign up for MY TLO
- Search for Bills by Subject
- Get Alerts For Bills You Follow
- Follow & take action on bills using the Texas Legislature Online (MY TLO )
- Faithful Advocacy: Telling Your Story at the Capitol
- Betsy Goes to the Capitol
Three Simple Effective Ways to Advocate to your Elected Officials!
- Email or write a letter
- Texas Advocacy Playbook
- How to use Texas Legislature Online (TLO) ppt
- How to Write to Public Officials
Make an appointment with your public officials or just stop by!
- Go visit your public official at their local office or at the state Capitol.
- Talk with your official or their staff
- Bring information about League LWV-TX priority issues
- Smile! Use talking points on priority issues.
Have lunch at the Capitol Grill! Buy a Texas gift at the Capitol Gift Shop! Bring a copy of The LWVTX We Support brochure to share with elected officials.
Call your Senator or Representative! The Capitol switchboard number is 202-224-3121.
- Texas Senators
- Texas Representatives
- All Texas Elected Officials
- Supreme Court of Texas
- Texas Judicial Branch
- Texas Governor
- Texas Senate
- Texas House of Representatives
- Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Texas State Agencies Links
- State and Local Government Web Site Locator
- Texas State Archives and Libraries Commission; Lists All Texas Agencies' Web Sites
- Texas Budget Board
- Texas Health and Human Services Commission
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Department of Family and Protective Services