Get ready for the Texas Primaries! This is an exciting election!
Do you know what makes me really happy? When I hear a young or new voter say they are voting in this election. Consistent voters are contacted (repeatedly) by candidates. I need your help to encourage new and young voters to vote in the Texas’ March 3rd Primary Elections!
Here's what you can do:
#1 Share the nonpartisan Voters Guide!
It will be available online at www.VOTE411.org and www.LWVTexas before early voting. Voters are more likely to participate in the primaries if they know how to compare candidates on their ballot.
#2 Share nonpartisan information voters need to vote in the election!
- Share Texas Primary nonpartisan social media graphics.
- Print and share nonpartisan Texas primary posters, brochures, business cards or bookmarks for communities with a League.
- Follow the League of Women Voters in your community
- Follow and share from your county's official website
- Find more voter education: https://my.lwv.org/texas/get-out-vote/voter-education-media
#3 Fight misinformation!
A concern of the League is voting and election misinformation. To combat this the League is encouraging voters to use trusted resources for voting and election information. Follow and share voting and election information from trusted sources like the League of Women Voters. League of Women Voters of Texas official social media accounts:
We all make a difference! You are empowering voters and defending democracy in Texas!
Grace Chimene, President, League of Women Voters of Texas
PS: Breaking news: Your Texas League's voter education web pages had over a million hits in the 3 weeks before the Constitutional Amendment election! Wow!
League to which this content belongs:Texas