V'Anne Huser (Lavaca County) Issue Chair
Coalitions & Resources
- TexProtects Brings together advocates and experts in the field of child protection in order to develop a consensus public policy agenda and to advocate for child protection with one voice.
- Texans Cares For Children A statewide, non-profit, non-partisan, multi-issue children's policy organization.
- Children's Defense Fund of Texas Leave No Child Behind® mission is to ensure every child a Healthy Start, a Head Start, a Fair Start, a Safe Start and a Moral Start in life and successful passage to adulthood with the help of caring families and communities.
- Kids Count.org For data about how kids are doing in your county.
- INSPIRE Seven strategies for ending violence against children identifies a select group of strategies that have shown success in reducing violence against children. implementation and enforcement of laws; norms and values; safe environments; parent and caregiver support; income and economic strengthening; response and support services; and education and life skills.
- Texas CASA is to support local CASA volunteer advocacy programs and to advocate for effective public policy for children in the child protection system.
Protect children from abuse and neglect through adequate funding, services and programs, training to report signs of abuse and neglect, and correctional measures for abusers. Enforce court orders for child support.