2019 and 2020 are important anniversary years for women voters.
On June 4, 1919, Texas became the ninth state to ratify the 19th Amendment to the U S Constitution. On October 19, 1919, the League of Women Voters of Texas was formed in San Antonio. On August 26, 1920, the 19th Amendment, granting women the right to vote, became law.
- 100 Years of Women's Suffrage in the Daily Texan
- Timeline of Voting & Elections in Texas from 1848 to 2013
- 100 Years: Voices Of Women Voters. Listen to stories from women voters of the past and today.
- 100th Anniversary of Founding LWV of Texas, Celebration in San Antonio, October 19, 2019. Learn how you can support the event and enjoy our exciting history.
- Texas State Historical Association "Texas Women and the Vote"
Keep an eye on our events page.