The League conducts voter registration drives all over the county when election time is near. You can register at any time through the Dallas County Elections office.
Deadline to register in order to vote in the May 4 election: Thursday, April 4, 2019
To be eligible to vote, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be 18 years old on election day.
- Be a resident of the county.
- Not be a convicted felon, unless your sentence is complete (including any probation or parole). Once a felon’s sentence is completely served, voting rights are restored.
- Not be declared mentally incapacitated by a court of law.
How to Register to Vote
- Applications are available at libraries, post offices, driver's license bureau, Dallas County Elections Department, in the LWV Dallas office and online. Note that the online application form must be printed, signed and mailed. Texas does not allow online submission of voter registration.
- Your spouse, parent or child may register a qualified voter.
- Students may register and vote in the county they declare as their permanent residence.
- Mail the application to the Voter Registrar for the county in which you live.
When to Register to Vote
- Applications are accepted at any time.
- Dallas League of Women Voters volunteers who have been deputized by Dallas County can register new voters. Look out for our voter registration drives, when volunteer deputy registrars come to schools and stores to register new voters.
- You must register 30 days prior to the day of the election in which you wish to vote
How to Keep Voter Registration Up to Date:
- Always vote.
- When you move within the county or change your name, request a change form from county voter registrar.
- If you move out of county, you must re-register with the county of your new residence.
- Address change must be completed 30 days prior to Election Day.
- You may return to your former precinct to vote for 90 days after a move.